| Speech Pathology
Tel: (08) 9346 2044
Location: 3 rd Floor, A Block
The Speech Pathology Department at SCGH provides assessment and treatment of communication and swallowing disorders for adults with acute or progressive illness. The department provides specialist communication management for difficulties in auditory and reading comprehension, verbal and written expression, motor speech and voice, and specialist management of swallowing.
The speech pathology department provides inpatient and outpatient treatment to:
- Patients who have been medically reviewed in either a SCGH specialty inpatient ward or outpatient clinic.
- Patients with an acute illness who have been medically reviewed in the ED and referred to a SCGH specialty outpatient clinic.
Living with Aphasia -
A Guide for Carers: Due to popular demand, this best selling information resource for Carers, developed by the Speech Pathology Department of Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital has been reviewed and reprinted. The new improved 2010 edition is now a 28 page booklet, full of colour photos and useful tips for Carers. >> Click here to order.
|Head of Department
(08) 9346 2044
(08) 9346 4103
||(08) 9346 2044
||(08) 9346 4103
The speech pathology department has specialist interest in swallowing, voice, tracheostomy, head
and neck surgery and language disorders.
Combined specialty clinics exist for:
- Voice – Speech Pathology and ENT.
- Swallowing/Videofluoroscopy – Speech Pathology and Radiology.
The speech pathology department will offer outpatient treatment to:-
- Patients who have been medically reviewed in either a SCGH specialty outpatient clinic or
- Patients with an acute illness who have been medically reviewed in the ED and referred to
SCGH specialty outpatient clinic.
The speech pathology department will not accept: -
- Direct GP referrals.
- Nursing Home patients for outpatient’s services.
Waiting lists do apply and patients are prioritised on clinical need.
Other Relevant Information
A list of all West Australian Private Speech Pathologists can be found at www.pspawa.com.au