| Speech Pathology
Tel: (08) 6457 2044
Fax: (08) 6457 4103
Location: 3rd Floor, A Block
The Speech Pathology Department at SCGH provides specialist assessment and treatment of communication and swallowing disorders for adults.
The Speech Pathology Department has specialist interests in:
- Swallowing disorders including:
- Fibreoptic Endoscopic Assessment of Swallowing (FEES)
- Laryngectomy and Head & Neck Cancer
- Communication disorders including:
- Aphasia - Language
- Dysarthria - Speech
- Dysphonia - Voice
- Chronic Cough
The Speech Pathology Department provides inpatient services to all ward areas based on verbal/paged referral.
The Speech Pathology Department will offer outpatient services to:
- Patients who have been a recent inpatient at SCGH (within prior 3 months)
- Patients who have been medically reviewed in either the SCGH ED or a SCGH specialty outpatient clinic.
e-Referrals must be sent to the Speech Pathology Department highlighting the service required.
Waiting lists do apply and patients are prioritised on clinical need.
The Speech Pathology Department will not accept:
- Direct GP referrals
- Nursing Home patients for outpatient services
Other Relevant Information
Living with Aphasia - A Guide for Carers: >> Click here to order.
A list of Private Speech Pathologists can be found at www.speechpathologyaustralia.org.au (General Information – Find a Speech Pathologist) or www.pspawa.com.au