Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency
Pulmonary Physiology and Sleep Medicine
Tel: (08) 6457 2888
Location: 5th Floor, G Block
The Department of Pulmonary Physiology provides a comprehensive respiratory function assessment service to identify disease, define its cause and assess severity and its change with time or treatment. Tests available include
- general respiratory function (GRF) assessment (lung volumes, maximum expiratory flow, gas distribution, gas transfer)
- maximum inspiratory flow
- arterial blood gases (including their collection)
- bronchial provocation testing (methacholine, mannitol, hypertonic saline, isocapnoeic hyperventilation, other)
- cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- six-minute walk test
- simulated altitude testing
- nasal resistance
- control of breathing
- lung mechanics
- maximum mouth pressures and
- respiratory muscle function
The Respiratory Sleep Disorders Clinic is a major centre for the investigation and management of sleep-related disorders including snoring, sleep apnoea, sleep hypoventilation, chronic or recurrent respiratory failure, narcolepsy and related conditions.
Contact West Australian Sleep Disorders Research Institute (WASDRI).
General Enquiries and Pulmonary
|(08) 6457 2888
||(08) 6457 2034
|Respiratory Sleep Disorders Clinic
|(08) 6457 2422
||(08) 6457 2822
All Specialists are contactable on (08) 6457 2888 or after hours through the Hospital switchboard on (08)
|Head of Department
Dr D R Hillman
Dr S Cullen
Dr A James
Dr J Leong
Dr N McArdle
Dr S Phung
Dr B Singh
Dr R Warren
Urgent requests by phone or fax.
|Lung function tests
||Tel: 6457 2888
||Fax: 6457 2034
|Sleep Disorders Clinic:
||Tel: 6457 2422
||Fax: 6457 2822
- The Department operates from 08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday.
- Sleep Clinic Outpatient consulting sessions are held Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Sleep studies are performed 6 nights per week (Sunday to Friday).
Patient Advice Services
Departmental information pamphlets are available on request.