Tel: (08) 9346 2337
Ground Floor, A Block
Eligibility for physiotherapy outpatient treatment:
- Patients who have been medically reviewed in either a speciality outpatient clinic or
inpatient ward are eligible for treatment.
- Patients who have an acute injury and have been medically reviewed in the Emergency
Department are eligible for treatment if the patient has also been referred to a speciality
clinic for follow-up.
- Patients with a chronic injury/complaint are not eligible for treatment via a direct referral
from the Emergency Department.
- Patients with a GP referral are not eligible for treatment by the department’s
qualified staff. They can, however, refer patients to the Curtin Physiotherapy Clinic
GP referrals are accepted at the following hospitals (if within their catchment areas):
- Joondalup Health Campus
- Osborne Park Hospital
- Lockridge Community Health Centre
- Swan District Health Service
- Bentley Health Service
- Armadale Health Service
- Rockingham/Kwinana District Hospital
- Kwinana Community Health Centre
Curtin Physiotherapy Clinic
Located in the Physiotherapy Outpatients Department in A Block. The clinic is run by a full-time
supervisor and six final year physio students from Curtin University. The same public referral
SDguidelines for the Outpatient Physiotherapy Department apply to the Curtin Physiotherapy
Clinic. In addition, the clinic will also accept community (GP) referred patients. Referrals are
welcome but not required. Being a teaching facility, we are able to provide services for a
- Initial consultation $22.00 – No rebate available
- Follow-up consultation $18.00 – No rebate available.
- Patients with private insurance or compensible conditions are encouraged to seek
treatment in the private sector wherever possible.
||(08) 9346 2337
|| (08) 9346 3037
- Ano-rectal Dysfunction Programme
- Lymphoedema Treatment (Limited unfunded service)
- Chronic Pain Programme
- Sports Injuries
- Manipulative Physiotherapy
Written medical referral to be sent to physiotherapy department referrals must contain date,
department, Dr requesting, brief history, patient phone number and be legible.
Appointments will be issued according to wait list priorities.
Written referrals welcomed but not required. Appointments are made via 9346 2337.
Waiting lists do apply and patients are priorities on clinical need e.g. Hydro has a 3month-wait list
for chronic conditions.